Terms and Conditions
Groundwork Challenge (the ‘Event’) is an initiative of Bush Heritage Australia (ABN 78 053 639 115) (“BHA”) to raise funds to support on ground conservation activities to protect vulnerable native species and critical habitat.
The Event opens on 1 October 2020 and ends on 16 December 2020.
By registering for the Event, the participant or the parent/guardian on behalf of a participant under 18 years, acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The decision to participate in the Event is entirely your own and you take full responsibility for any consequence of your participation in the Event for yourself and/or other participants.
- Any content you post to the website (e.g. photos and text) is your responsibility, and you must have the necessary rights to post that content (including the consent of others who appear in the content). BHA retains the right to delete any content posted if it is deemed to breach its Community Guidelines as set out below:
[BHA’s online pages (including Websites, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) are a respectful place for sharing stories, photos and videos and other content relating to our activities. To maintain this respectful and safe community, we do not tolerate bullying, derogatory or defamatory comments, hate speech, racist, homophobic or misogynist language, or any other offensive, abusive or unlawful behaviour. If you breach these community guidelines, BHA reserves the right to remove the offending comments from the page and to contact you to discuss the next course of action, which may lead to you being blocked from BHA’s page.]
- You acknowledge that BHA reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Event at any time.
- You acknowledge that by registering for the Event, you pledge to raise funds for BHA to support on ground conservation activities to protect vulnerable native species and critical habitat.
- All fundraising conducted as part of this Event comes under BHA’s authority to fundraise in the respective State or Territory in Australia and you agree to be bound by the relevant state and national fundraising legislation to the extent it is applicable to you.
- BHA can refund a donation made in error. If you wish to request a refund, please contact BHA via email@example.com
- BHA respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects.
- BHA will collect your personal information and any other information you may volunteer so that it can: administer and conduct the Event including sending you prizes, if you are eligible and win (see Prizes); and keep you informed about BHA, its fundraising activities and the important work you are supporting.
- BHA may use your image, name and challenge result in any promotion relating to this Event, including in the Leaderboards and/or on the Event website.
- You must be registered to The Groundwork Challenge to be eligible for any prizes.
- You must reach specified fundraising milestones to be eligible to receive these prizes:
- First 250 people to raise $250 – a pair of BHA branded koala socks
- Raise $500 to go in the draw to win - a $50 Rebel Sport Voucher
- Raise $1000 to go in the draw to win – a Versa 2 Smart FitBit Fitness watch
- Prizes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for any other products. You cannot choose a particular colour for the FitBit.
Authority to Fundraise
Agreement to these terms and conditions gives the registered The Groundwork Challenge participant authority to fundraise in support of the work of BHA for the following fundraising event:
Event: The Groundwork Challenge
Date of Event: 1 October – 16 December 2020
Dates of fundraising authority: 1 October – 16 December 2020
Thank you for hitting the ground running to raise vital funds for conservation work around the country, protecting vulnerable native species and their threatened habitats across BHA’s 36 reserves and 25 Aboriginal partnerships.
Because you’re digging deep for the land you love, our reserve managers, ecologists, volunteers and Traditional Owner partners will be able to continue doing the critical groundwork that will help return the bush to good health.
Thank you again for taking part in the 2020 Groundwork Challenge! We hope to see you again next year.